Friday, 2 June 2017

Another Finsh


I have finished my Xmas cushion designed by Natalie Bird of The Birdhouse called Happy Christmas Cushion.


I have also started a new stitchery,this is out of Michelle Ridgway's booklet Please come to Tea.


I am all prepared for my next project which is a lovely Fig'n,berry design,so i have soaked my Country Garden threads in warm water with salt and vinegar in it,i soak for about 1hour or 2 and swish around every now and then.


Then i gently take them out and rinse them under cold water and then put on a towel to dry.

Hope your day is a good one.
Cheers Shez xx


15 comments:

  1. Your cushion looks fabulous. Hope you have no more thread troubles. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cushion Shez, & I adored your peg bag in your last post. I saw on Michelle's blog that she washes her C.G. threads too ... might have to do this as i have had them run before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cushion Shez. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your teacup stitchery. The thread you are soaking is so pretty. I love them and to me its worth the extra time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish on your gorgeous cushion. Well done, Shez.
    Good luck with those threads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cushion looks fantastic Shez, hope the threads behave for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about your cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty Christmas cushion Shez....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty Christmas cushion! And another adorable stitchery underway! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cushion is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cushion is fantastic...love it. Lots of my friends use that thread, but I don't know that they pre soak them...have you had trouble with them or is it something you always do?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful finish!! I hope your threads have learned their lesson now, and will behave...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cushion is gorgeous. Perfect fabrics for it. I reckon you should be right with your stitching after preparing the threads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a gorgeous cushion! That looks like Aneela Hoey fabric

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely finish for your cushion!
    I'm never sure of the best way to wash/treat threads, so it was very helpful to read/see how you washed your threads.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete