There was a little bit of quilting to do so i did it over 2 afternoons.
I picked a lovely red striped fabric for the binding
Then disaster happened while i was pressing it to get rid of the frixton pen lines,some water splashed out of the iron and onto the stitching,yep you guessed it my threads bled.
Now i was so disappointed because i had soaked my threads for this stitchery and then i remembered i used a little bit that was left over from a previous stitchery and damn wouldnt you know it,it must've been that bit of thread that the water just happened to land on.
Normally i would've soaked it in water and salt but i had done so much stitching on this piece that i didnt want it to be wrecked so i flew off to the little supermarket out near us and they had some colour remover stuff for this,it was a dylon one,so i raced back home and soak it and then OH NOOOO
Now it is this colour,all the red went orange and the pretty blue has gone faded,oh dear i felt like crying,even the red in the binding went orange,from now on when pressing stitcheries i am using a dry iron and i will not use any thread that hasnt been soaked,even if i am not sure i will soak it to make sure.
Phew it could've been worse at least it still can be used,but gee so disappointing,oh well thats the way it goes some times,we learn and try new things every day.
Hope your day is a good one.
cheers Shez xx