Thursday, 20 July 2017

Tutorial for Kitchen Hand Towels


My friend Vicki asked me how i make my kitchen hand towels so i told her that i would do a tutorial on how i make them.
First off i use this lovely pattern by Kerryanne English template is here  thankyou Kerryanne for such a lovely design.
If my hand towels are lovely thick ones i make the template a bit larger.


 I cut out 2 fabric pieces and 2 heavy iron on interfacing,i use the heavy one from spotlight i think it is about $3.99 a meter.


I iron the interfacing onto the back of your pieces and then iron up a hem at the bottom about half an inch make sure when you put the pieces on top of each other the hems are the same size.


Then with the 2 right sides together sew around the outside but not the bottom.


Then trim your corners and turn inside out and press.


Then get your hand towel i cut one in half and i get two,gather up the top edge.


Gather the top of your hand towel to fit inside the top piece,i tuck up about half an inch to make sure that i get all the towel up there.


The stitching gets the back as well,here is the front of one towel and the back of another.


Then do the buttonholes


Sew the buttons on and give them a press and this is how i make my kitchen hand towels,there are probably many other ways but this is how i make mine.
Good luck trying one,they make lovely gifts.


Dont forget to signup with Wendy for Friday night sew-in,signups here.

Hope your day is a good one.
Cheers Shez xx

19 comments:

  1. Morning Beautiful, Love your tutorial thank you for all the wonderful things you make you are an inspiration. Hugs Rell xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these towels... thanks for the tutorial....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing how you make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shez, they look great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial Shez ... thanks so much. I have made these but not used iron on interfacing which I will definately try next time. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have transformed the towels must own up to not having thought about making my towels look nice but maybe now I will have a go such a good idea to cut the towel in half and end up with 2 instead of one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the towel you made for me. It is used every day ( except when it is in the wash).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial Shez! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing Shez! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great tutorial indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial, I love these towels 💖

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Shez for the great tutorial... I need to make a couple as the one I received from you a few years ago needs replacing....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a well written tutorial. I used to crochet the tabs like these. Cloth is so much better.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! Thank you Shez! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial! Thanks so much! I must give this a try. It will be a good excuse for trying the buttonholer on my Janome! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Shez this is šo Good! Sorry I haven't been around much....seems Like the computer screen is giving me headaches and even a migraine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and great for gifts. thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great tutorial Shez, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the great tutorial. I'll have to give it a go, as I usually make the crochet ones.

    ReplyDelete